OUR FLEET

Built to move America where we wanted to go!

20190917_161935_edited.jpg

MILWAUKEE ROAD #639

40 SEAT LEG REST COACH

Built by the Milwaukee Shops as 52 seat coach #512 in 1948. This car was converted to it's current - 40 seat leg rest - configuration and renumbered #639 in 1957. #639 regularly traveled at speeds in excess of 100mph on the Milwaukee Road's fleet of Hiawathas. After venerably severing the railroad for 23 years, Coach #639 was retired in 1971 and sold to the Lake Superior Railroad Museum in Duluth, MN. Purchased from the museum by Bob Moen in 1985, this car was the genesis of our founder's collection. This car belongs to our Hiawatha train set and can be found in our Downtown Yard.

20190330_123144_edited.jpg

MILWAUKEE ROAD #623

40 seat leg rest coach

Built by the Milwaukee Shops as 48 seat coach #518 in 1948. This car was converted to it's current - 40 seat leg rest - configuration and renumbered #623 in 1957. #623 regularly traveled in the Milwaukee Road's fleet of Hiawathas. After venerably severing the railroad for 23 years, Coach #623 was sold to Amtrak in 1971 and was renumbered 4009 in 1974. Upon retirement in 1975, the car was sold to the Griggsville Wild Bird Society and moved to Griggsville, IL where it was used for their Purple Martin Junction Museum. By 1983, the museum had closed, with the collection being sold to the Atlantic & Pacific Railway Corp in 1987 and moved to Atlantic, Iowa the following year. By 1995 the equipment was sold again and two years later, museum founder Bob Moen purchased the car. This car belongs to our Hiawatha train set and can be found in our Downtown Yard.

5942090770_012098361c_c.jpg

MILWAUKEE ROAD #471

56 seat rib-sided coach

Built by the Milwaukee Shops as 56 seat coach #471 in 1942, this car stands out in our Milwaukee Road Hiawatha equipment as it was built using the unique, rib-sided car design. After venerably severing the railroad for 29 years, Coach #471 was retired in 1971 and sold to the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, WI. Purchased from the museum by Bob Moen in 1999, this car is part of our Hiawatha train set and can be found in our Downtown Yard.

5941581269_00c2bfe6ff_k_edited.jpg

MILWAUKEE ROAD #122

48 seat Diner

Built by the Milwaukee Shops as a 48 seat diner in 1948. #122 regularly traveled at speeds in excess of 100mph on the Milwaukee Road's Twin Cities Hiawathas. After venerably severing the railroad for 23 years, Diner #122 was retired in 1971 and sold to Autoliner Corp of Omaha, NE. Later, the car was sold and relocated to Kansas City, MO. The car was rescued in 2010, moved to Charles City, Iowa, and now belongs to our Hiawatha train set in our Downtown Yard.

20170704_160956_edited.jpg

SANTA FE #1491

48 seat Diner

Build as part of a 14 car order of 40 seat dining cars for the Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railway. This car was frequently used on their luxury train, The Super Chief, between Chicago and Los Angeles. *More to Come*